Alcorn McBride is a leading technology provider for the themed entertainment industry. We solve the unique challenges of this industry by working side-by-side with attraction designers and engineering creative solutions that get the job done right.
We’re looking for talented individuals that share our passion for the industry and the people involved. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to build strong lasting relationships, solve challenging problems, and play a key role in building world-class attractions.
The primary responsibility of the Solutions Architect is to collaborate with our sales, support, and engineering teams to facilitate client education on Alcorn McBride systems. This involves supporting customers remotely from the office and directly in the field, testing products and features, and developing resources like show control programs, and documentation. This position is also responsible for our full training curriculum. Since this role involves a high level of interaction with clients and projects, it will also be the responsibility of the Solutions Architect to collaborate with our Chief Innovation Officer to ensure our development roadmap aligns well with the needs of upcoming projects. This position will require worldwide travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or 5+ years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Familiar with A/V and Show Control installation practices and procedures
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to teach complex subjects to a wide audience
- Extensive A/V equipment knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in highly technical environments such as theme parks, interactive museums, corporate showrooms, and military simulation facilities.
- Knowledge of control system programming (i.e. Alcorn McBride, AMX, Crestron, Medialon, Weigl, Q-Sys, Allen Bradley, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn new products and concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel (worldwide) sometimes on short notice
- Basic knowledge of electronics and diagnostic tools
- Sense of humor and a collaborative team-oriented attitude
- Experience using CRM systems like ZenDesk, SalesForce, etc.
- Leading the Alcorn McBride product training program, which includes developing training materials and hosting training sessions for clients on a regular basis
- Generating and organizing technical resources such as example show control projects, mockup systems, documentation, etc.
- Traveling on-site to assist clients with programming and troubleshooting
- Providing remote technical support via phone, email, text, etc.
- Assisting customers with detailed product related questions both pre and post-sales
- Technical assistance with special events (trade shows, company events)
This position is based out of our Orlando HQ and requires travel, sometimes on short notice. Longer hours and/or varied schedules may be required depending on client needs.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position. Alcorn McBride is an EEO and offers outstanding benefits and a fun, friendly working environment.
Please email your resume to email@example.com.