Everywhere we look, audio and video content is popping up. From theme parks to shopping malls to restaurants, digital media is being used to entertain people, to tell stories and also to sell product. When networked together, products like the Digital Audio Machine and the Digital Video Machine provide an affordable solution for creative content in a variety of applications.
The glue that holds a media network together is Digital Media Manager.
Digital Media Manager is a software package for pushing audio/video content across a network to your Digital Audio Machines or Digital Video Machines. This revolutionary application allows you to create real-time Schedules and Playlists and send them – along with any new media – to a player (or players) in the room next door – or on the other side of the world!
The questions you need to ask are:
✓ How many channels of media (audio/video) do you need in a particular location?
✓ How many locations do you have?
✓ Can I get Internet access (with Static IP addresses) to those locations?
Once you have answered those questions, here is how to build your audio/video network:
- Choose a Digital Audio Machine or Digital Video Machine with Ethernet option and connect it to your audio/video system.
- Connect the Machine to the Internet, either directly or through a network.
- Configure each Machine with a Static IP address (see your network administrator for details).
- Install the Digital Media Manager software on a PC at the location where you want to administer and monitor your media network.
- Use the software to design your Playlists and Schedules.
- Your players will be updated automatically with the new content, Playlists and Schedules!
Digital Media Manager is easy to use and extremely powerful. You can divide your network into individual locations, geographical regions or any other logical grouping. Content can be unique to each group and updated whenever you want.
Building an audio/video network is a powerful way to get a message out. When you combine Alcorn McBride’s Digital Audio and Video Machines with the power of Digital Media Manager, your network is as big – and as local – as you want it to be!