Alcorn McBride is a leading technology provider for the themed entertainment industry. We solve the unique challenges of this industry by working side-by-side with attraction designers and engineering creative solutions that get the job done right.
We’re looking for talented individuals that share our passion for the industry and the people involved. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to build strong lasting relationships, solve challenging problems, and play a key role in building world-class attractions.
The primary role of this position is to assist our Engineering Team in developing new products and features. This involves collaborating closely with both clients and members of the Alcorn McBride team to create outstanding user experiences.
The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, thrives in a team-based atmosphere, and has a passion for the themed entertainment industry and the key role Alcorn McBride plays in it.
- Strong communication skills and a positive team-oriented attitude
- 6+ years of experience
- S. Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Proficient in C/C++
- Experience designing real-time embedded systems on bare-metal or RTOS
- Experience with embedded design and development tools (JTAG debuggers, emulators, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency with hardware debug equipment (scopes, DVMs, general test bench equipment) and the ability to work with other engineers in the development and bench-top debug of new products.
- Experience with FPGA development, including Verilog, simulation, timing closure, and DSP design
- Strong technical writing skills (manuals, knowledge base articles, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Design experience with digital video and audio interfaces
- A sense of humor
- Designing, developing, and testing highly reliable embedded systems
- Providing technical support for clients and team members
- Soliciting feedback from customers and team members to plan product improvements
This is primarily an in-office position requiring heavy computer use. Occasional travel may be required to work with clients on job-sites, provide technical support, and fine-tune software design. Normal business hours are 9:30am to 6:00pm, however this position allows for a flexible schedule.
Compensation and Benefits
At Alcorn McBride, people are our most valued resource and we choose them carefully. This is a full-time salaried position. We offer unique benefits including fully-paid health insurance, fully-paid dental/vision, 401(k) with a generous employer match, and much more.
Please email your resume to email@example.com