Alcorn McBride is a leading technology provider for the themed entertainment industry. We solve the unique challenges of this industry by working side-by-side with attraction designers and engineering creative solutions that get the job done right.
We’re looking for talented individuals that share our passion for the industry and the people involved. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to build strong lasting relationships, solve challenging problems, and play a key role in building world-class attractions.
The Software Engineer’s primary responsibility is to design, develop and deliver robust software applications and accompanying firmware. This position will work with the team to plan and support successful software releases in conjunction with the Alcorn McBride product roadmap.
You will be required to interface directly with customers regarding feedback on the software design. A portion of time will also be spent supporting customers using hardware products and software either over the phone or in person. You should have a positive attitude, a desire to achieve team goals, and enthusiasm for our brand.
- 5+ years of experience developing GUI applications written in Qt or similar frameworks
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++
- Able to make software architecture decisions for a maintainable and high-quality code base
- Able to work in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated technical writing skills (manuals, knowledge base articles, etc)
- An eye for aesthetics and a solid foundation in UX design
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Familiarity with Embedded Linux
- Experience with build automation tools
- Strongly held opinion on tabs vs. spaces
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- A sense of humor
- Deliver robust software applications and accompanying firmware
- Support successful software releases
- Maintain high software quality by re-enforcing industry-proven development practices and balancing complexity and features
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis
- Provide technical support to customers
This is primarily an in-office position requiring heavy computer use. Occasional travel may be required to work with clients on job-sites, provide technical support, and fine-tune software design. Normal business hours are 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, however, this position allows for a flexible schedule.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time salaried position. Alcorn McBride is an EEO and offers outstanding benefits, including fully paid family healthcare, and a friendly and fun work environment.
Please email your resume to email@example.com